Thursday, October 18, 2012

Early September

Yes, those are sheep on my front lawn. Why, you ask? I would love to say there is a good reason for this...or even a reasonable answer. However it is just because the fence was broken by the steers we have and the sheep can now get out.
 I had been trying to sell the steers for awhile and just work with the smaller animals but I didn't have much luck. Later in September I was chasing them from the neighbors yard and barn every day...sometimes twice. So one day when the neighbor called to tell me they were 'visiting' again he offered to buy them and just keep them. Even though I lost money on it I gained peace of mind...so I jumped on that deal.
 I got a new smartphone in September and needed to put a picture on the front screen. I wanted one of my kids so I asked them to pose. These are just a few of the shots that I got.

 They didn't try very hard here...
 ...actually I think these silly pictures were their goal.
 Sweet sisters making faces...priceless
 Family Home Evening...We have a lesson and sing songs and then a fun activity with a snack. This night we were playing poker for candy. I even got a bonus lesson in on the bad points of gambling...even for candy.
 They really did have a lot of fun though.
Blue Ribbon winner at the county fair. Madison won First place for a painting and a pencil drawing. Morgan won First place for jewelry and chocolate covered macaroons, Second for peanut butter cookies, Third for chocolate chip, pencil drawing and corn muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment