Tuesday, October 16, 2012

July...finally

Well I had a really busy summer...I guess you could tell since I haven't posted in 3 months. July started out really hot so I didn't spend much time outside...at least not more than I had to. So the grass got really...really long.

 I really don't like when the yard looks like this...it makes me a bit crazy. The mower and both trimmer had been causing me a lot of grief this season. Every time I had time to mow they decided not to work so the grass got way out of hand.
 We had a fantastic rainbow one night while I was finally able to mow some of the lawn. It was a double rainbow and this picture does not do it justice.
 I was finally able to get it mowed with the help of Dad's mower.
 THis is the volunteer pumpkin from last year's local Harvest Festival. We decided to let it grow but later I wish I hadn't...it took over the whole yard. In the end it was 3 times this big...wish I had gotten a picture. We had 12 really good sized pumpkins off these 3 plants and the chickens just loved them.
 I took the kids to the Aquarium in Chattanooga. We had a great day even though it was really hot. This picture was taken in the butterfly atrium. The girls have a real knack for getting them to sit on their fingers.
 Can you believe that those penguins sat still for this picture?? No? Ok, can you believe Tanner sat still for this picture? You're right...he didn't I had to catch it on the move. Actually I took about 6 and this was the best one.
 In the shark tank

No comments:

Post a Comment